Realplayer downloads no longer functioning properly

Closed
jim15800 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday March 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 3, 2013 - Mar 3, 2013 at 03:05 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Mar 4, 2013 at 03:27 PM
Hello,
Can someone please help with the following problems:
I am having a problem playing realplayer videos that previously functioned. The videos now
1. Either hang up and never play or
2. Play after a long wait.

These are videos that previously played with no problem.
This problem is occuring on a Windows 7 machine.
I am using the latest version of realplayer and firefox.

Also before this problem started the downloader button stopped appearing when I used firefox
using windows 7. Oddly I have another machine with the same version of firefox, Realplayer but using xp and the download button appears. It seems to be a problem with Windows 7. The download button always appears with internet explorer. The download problem only seems to be a problem with the combination of Windows 7 firefox and realplayer.
Thank you in advance for any information.
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 4, 2013 at 03:27 PM
Hi jim15800,

At times it is possible that the real player add-on gets disabled when updating Firefox. Please try this fix from Mozilla provided in the below mentioned link:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re-enable-add-ons-disabled-when-updating

Do reply with results.