Unable to download videos using real player [Solved/Closed]

SATHU - Mar 17, 2010 at 09:48 AM - Latest reply:  ctsw
- Nov 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Hello,
i recently installed real player software SP.. the "download this video" icon appears and if I click on it to download my favourite video.. its says unable to download... earlier I was able to download videos usin real player software.. but now am unable to use it..pls help!!
See more 

24 replies

+165
Helpful
go to Realplayer - File -> open and paste the youtube URL in the box. hit OK. you will see the youtube page in Realplayer and it will allow you to download using RP's download option.
Was this answer helpful?  
thx !!the above mentioned works..
Thank you so much!!
nice...worked... thanks dude
xcellent solution
thanks.... its work!!!!
tilak0001 2 Posts Saturday March 20, 2010Registration date March 20, 2010 Last seen - Mar 20, 2010 at 08:56 AM
+19
Helpful
i have a solution, follow what I say
1.select the video which you want to play,
2.then just type the word "kick" into the address bar just before Youtube,
eg.you have the address "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXLdOw79pcM&feature=topvideos",
instead of this link just type 'kick' in front of youtube and press enter, there will appear a new window with the same video then just click on the download link tour download will be start

there is a other way just go to the video and click to the uploader name and find that video from there and try to download that you must be able to download the video
thx man u rock
u r amazing man, than u so much
many thanks it really works... I have trying for few days re installing real player and other stuffs but didn't work.. but with kick it works.. cheers
wow - amazing - you're the man!!!!

This has been killing me for weeks
+8
Helpful
I had the same problem. I've just downoaded new version of Real Player. and it works fine now!
hyatdyuarsr - Mar 18, 2010 at 01:20 PM
+5
Helpful
Real have said that because of YouTube's update, there is a problem downloading videos from Youtube.

The normal pages ARE effected

For example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTVjPORa6fQ&feature=related

HOWEVER

You can download by going to the uploaders channel and selecting the video.
BUT you get all weird code in the title and in the source link.

Real have said they are fixing it, but in the support, they wont say when its comming out.
de r making a great mistake here.........................
superb dude
many thanks!
mrcyberdoc 1 Posts Sunday October 28, 2012Registration date October 28, 2012 Last seen - Oct 28, 2012 at 05:44 PM
+2
Helpful
Here's the easiest proven method to capture those videos that RealPlayer Downloader no longer will download. First, download Youtube Downloader HD (yep, it's free). Run the program, set your default download sites, etc. Next go to the video you are having difficulty with and start to run it. As it's running right click on the video. One of your choices will be "copy video URL at current time". Click on that and paste it into the Video URL space in Youtube Downloader HD. Then on the lower right corner click on Download. Works every time.
TIGERsHAKER 55 Posts Tuesday May 4, 2010Registration dateContributorStatus May 15, 2010 Last seen - May 5, 2010 at 08:26 AM
Helpful
its issue from youtube itself I guess
and I would advise you all to use internet download manager to download FLV wherever it is,youtube or anyother video anywhere.
Helpful
PLEASE RE INSTALL REAL PLAYER SOFTWARE, ANOTHER SOLUTION IS CHANGE AND REINSTALL OS