Plz, i need help to recover my toshiba c660/c660d

Closed
kuti70 Posts 4 Registration date Monday March 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 11, 2013 - Mar 4, 2013 at 05:02 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 12, 2014 at 08:00 AM
Hello,

Plz, I need help with reformatten my toshiba c600/c600d. I installed an old version of window 7 on it before from a cd rom because I wanted to change the language to english. I later discovered that the window I was using was an old version so I tried deleting it but it didn't work. so I deleted the hard disk partition, actually i deleted partition ''D'' on the hard dis because someone online told me so. Now I still can't recover it with the factory pre-recovery system. I tried holding down zero when I restart it but it didn't work. I don't know what to do plz I need help

Related:

5 responses

kuti70 Posts 4 Registration date Monday March 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 11, 2013 3
Mar 5, 2013 at 09:25 AM
Thank you very much for your assistance, I really appreciate. I'll have to order for the recovery media from toshiba. I have another toshiba satallite A350 and its having boot problem, in fact, it doesn't boot at all. I tried recovering it from the factory pre-installed recovery system but it didn't work. I help down the zero button while I turned it on but the recovery window won't prompt up. I need your advice on how to fix it.. thanks a lot.

PS: The F8 key is broken off but it still respond when I tap it, so am not sure that is the problem. Just thought you should know...
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 4, 2013 at 05:39 PM
Greetings,

The "D" partition which you deleted contained the recovery sofware to set it back to factory conditions.

Obviously, you were ill advised.

There is no need to use a CD to change the language it can be done through the control panel.

You must now contact Toshiba and try to get recovery software. They will no doubt charge you for it.

Sorry about that but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Best regards
hi I have followed your instructions.to the letter but it will not bleep or do this what so ever.
i want to do this as my laptop will not load up. it turns on goes to load up but does a recocery scan but then says nothibg to recover noproblems and then wpnt do anything else but restart or shut down I can get f2 up on.start up.but still.cant get anything to work.
any help I would ve so grateful as im.at a loss.
thank u
shell
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 11, 2014 at 05:03 PM
I suspect that your recovery partition was corrupted by changes your made (software or hardware additions, deletions or by a virus)

One last thing you may try is to try to start in safe mode, tapping F8 just after you push the start button.
xpretty-in.pinkx Posts 2 Registration date Sunday May 11, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2014
May 11, 2014 at 05:35 PM
thabk u for yr reply iv tried safe mode just keeps taking me too the same screen of scanning and not finding.a problem then.reatarting or.shutting down.im at a loss. iv added nothing to laptop worjed fine turned it off and when turned on latervthat day all wenr wrong have you any idea what I can do or will I need to get some one who knows what theyr doing look at it?? thank you so much for replying
May 11, 2014 at 06:17 PM
There seems to be three different users on this thread, and I no longer know who I am talking to.

Who is Shell, Kuti70, and Xpretty?
xpretty-in.pinkx Posts 2 Registration date Sunday May 11, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2014
May 11, 2014 at 06:59 PM
shell is pretty I registered after writing first sorry im using my phone which is awkward the first person has exact problem as me by what theyv put sorry to confuse u sorry to highjak 1st post im struggling in phone. :-(
Mar 5, 2013 at 05:19 PM
You are most welcome.

Holding down the 0 key does not suffice.

You must follow these instructions to the letter:

To restore your laptop to its factory settings, follow these steps:

Warning: All data on the hard drive will be erased. Back up any important data before proceeding. Make sure the computer is connected to a power supply and do not switch it off or restart during the process.

*1) Hold down the power button for ten seconds to switch off your machine

*Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.

*2) Press and hold the zero key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook

*3) When the machine starts beeping, release the zero key

*4) When prompted by the warning screen, select Yes to continue with the system recovery

*5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software and click Next

*6) Select Recover to out-of-box state and Click Next again

*7) Click Next to Start the recovery

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
May 12, 2014 at 08:00 AM
You must now contact Toshiba and try to get recovery software.

https://support.dynabook.com/?locale=en_CA&source=tcl

Sorry about that but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Best regards