- Toshiba dual screen laptop
- How to type # in laptop - Guide
- Can't type on laptop - Guide
- Toshiba laptop mouse not working - Guide
- Lenovo laptop screen goes black randomly - Guide
- How to factory reset toshiba laptop without password - Guide
You can, with the proper connector, remove and use the hard drive as a USB external drive. Depending on its age the laptop might be using a PATA or SATA hard drive. You need to identify which type of drive so you can purchase the correct adapter. You just plug the drive into the $20 adapter and you will be able to read the files from the old PC. You can then recycle the laptop and either retain the drive or smash it with a hammer to protect your data.