Hard disk problem

Closed
Kamrul Hasan - Feb 16, 2009 at 03:29 PM
 zulfiker - Mar 15, 2009 at 11:05 PM
Hello,

I have C,D,E,F drive in my computer.I installed Windows Vista in C drive,Linux in D drive. After a long time yesterday I tried to setup Windows XP and i select E drive when XP ask me where I want to setup XP. But Finally it did not set up XP showing me some messsage. Then I restart my computer using F3. Then my Windows vista start but it didn't find E drive. So I decided to format E drive from My Computer(right click)->Manage->Disk Management.When I select E drive to format it I saw that E and F drive both are starting to format.At that moment I cancel formatting. Problem is still now I didn't find my F drive from Vista.My computer is running well and when I start my computer it don not show me Linux option. It directly enter in Vista option. How can I get my F drive, could you please tell me?

Kamrul Hasan--University of Trento
Related:

4 responses

kirikou44 Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday December 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2009 1
Feb 17, 2009 at 04:54 AM
hi,
what i've understood is that all the mentioned letters are hard drives.
if s is the case, then you will have to select one as master (the Vista containing one in your case) and the others as slave.
note that it will always boot from the master, so if you want to boot from the linux containing drive, you will have to set it to master and all others to slave.
if you put two masters they will not be shown or only one will be shown.
check it.
Sandeep Posts 87 Registration date Friday October 10, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 5, 2012 47
Feb 17, 2009 at 05:02 AM
you are facing this problem because of linux you installed earlier, we cant see linux partitions in windows coz thery of different format ext2 ext3. I dont know much about command lines, but all you need to do is using windows bootable CD type some commands like fdisk /mbr etc. [google it] when you will remove linux partitions you can see it in windows, or may power quest partition magic can help you.
throw that computer away,and even burn it if possible
thank for your quetion
goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Hello,

I have C,D,E,F drive in my computer.I installed Windows Vista in C drive,Linux in D drive. After a long time yesterday I tried to setup Windows XP and i select E drive when XP ask me where I want to setup XP. But Finally it did not set up XP showing me some messsage. Then I restart my computer using F3. Then my Windows vista start but it didn't find E drive. So I decided to format E drive from My Computer(right click)->Manage->Disk Management.When I select E drive to format it I saw that E and F drive both are starting to format.At that moment I cancel formatting. Problem is still now I didn't find my F drive from Vista.My computer is running well and when I start my computer it don not show me Linux option. It directly enter in Vista option. How can I get my F drive, could you please tell me?