I have to restart my pc everytime in order to turn the wifi on?

Closed
dobrin Posts 1 Registration date Saturday April 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 13, 2013 - Apr 13, 2013 at 09:48 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 20, 2013 at 03:32 AM
Hello I have Getaway laptop-NE series, with Windows 8, any help will be greatly appreciated. when I open my laptop I have red x on my wi fi, so if I restart it, then connects automatically every time. Why is that, is it something with my settings or is it something wrong with my laptop. I am starting to regret buying this laptop with the Windows 8.

Thank you for your help in advance
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 20, 2013 at 03:32 AM
Hi dobrin,

I would like to know a few more details related to the problem. Was there any software or hardware changes made to the computer before this problem started? What is the Security Software (anti-virus) installed in the computer?

Please try this fix and check if this works:
1. Open "Command Prompt" with elevated rights. To find the steps on how to start "Command Prompt" with elevated rights in Windows 8 click here.
2. Run the following command from the "Command Prompt":
Net localgroup Administrators localservice /add
3. Reboot the computer.

Please do write back to us.