Pen drive shows short cut keys alone

Closed
VIP - Apr 17, 2013 at 01:59 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 25, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Hello,

hi jack.. i followed the instruction.. but the short cut keys are not removed on my pen drive.. and autorun acts shows and hidden some time... how can i solve this....... pls tell me......

Related:

7 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 18, 2013 at 02:13 AM
Hi VIP,

As you mentioned you have performed all the steps, you must be following one of the articles on this forum about "USB key displaying only shortcuts". This is to confirm if you have performed all the steps including running "AutorunExterminator" and performing a "Full Scan" of the computer using "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware". If not, please perform these steps as instructed in the below mentioned article:

https://ccm.net/faq/12992-usb-key-displaying-only-shortcuts

Scanning your computer thoroughly will eliminate any possibility of the virus staying in your computer and duplicating itself.

Please do write back to us.
thanks dude....
thanks body... its works properly... i have another problem... my pen drive and local disks are have a application file... that is named that folder name... i was deleted it.. it shows deleted.. but i come back and i went to that place, the application was staying here...and any virus detector, can't be remove that... how i was remove it....?
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 22, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Hi VIP,

I would like to know the specifics of that "Folder" and the "File" in it. I mean, I would like to know the name of the folder, its location (such as C:\my documents...), its size, etc.

the folder name is movies in documents in local disk c.. the application name is movies in documents in c(that is virus)...
and another folder name is photos in local disk d... the application name is photos(that is virus)... in pen drive the folder name is movies.. the application name is movies(that is virus)..

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Apr 24, 2013 at 05:49 AM
Hi VIP,

I would like to know if you have run a thorough scan on your computer (including the pen drive) using good anti-virus software. Further, which is the Operating System installed in your computer?

vimalbv Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday April 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 15, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 at 06:34 AM
i've using the avira anti virus software... my os is windows 7 ultimate... and i will check it in another anti virus software named avast.... by vip
Apr 25, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Hi vimalbv and VIP,

Please post the results here after trying the other Anti-Virus software. Also, my personal recommendation is to use "Microsoft Security Essentials" from Microsoft, it is free. You can read more about "Microsoft Security Essentials" and download the same from the below mentioned link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-microsoft-security-essentials-c25ad47a-7d15-8072-1438-b07dffcbbb20