-
Registration date
Sunday September 23, 2012
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
-
Hello,
I am new to VBA. I have a problem which I believe is very simple, but I am failing foolishly. I have to generate a MsgBox warning the user to enter data in blank cells. I also have to mention the destination of the blank cell by indicating the parameters in the preceding column. For Example, In column A I have entered the name of the companies - Ferrari, Audi and Lamborghini, while in Column B I have mentioned their respective cars. In column C,D,E I have mentioned their sales figure for the months. If the user fails to enter the sales figure for one entry, I need to warn him when he checks the data validity. The message if the user leaves a cell empty should be:

Please Enter the number of units of Lamborghini Aventador and Lamborghini Veneno sold.

Actually in my excel file I have over a thousand rows for verification. Please help me out with this.

Thanks in anticipation. Shalom Vineeth.

2 replies

Registration date
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Hi Shalom Vineeth,

I have prepared a sample sheet. You can click on the "Validate" button on the sheet; an input box will prompt you to enter the range. Enter the range of data such as "A1:E7" and click "OK". This will highlight all the empty cells and a pop up will tell the address of each empty cell. You can download the sample file from here:

http://speedy.sh/33gqu/ValidateEmptyCells.xlsm

You can make the necessary changes in the code and the sheet to suite your needs.
Registration date
Thursday March 21, 2013
Status
Last seen
April 29, 2013
Thanks Zohaib for the reply.. Unfortunately the file is not opening..I am getting a message that the file may have corrupted...:( If possible please mail me the file to Mail Id deleted by a moderator for your security
Thanks once again for the reply..
Registration date
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Hi shalom1506,

As per forum rules on en.kioskea.net I will not be able to take this conversation to personal email address. I have checked the file and it opens correctly. This file was created using Microsoft Excel 2010 for Windows. Try using a different computer and see if you can download the file.