Warn the User of empty cell and indicate the location based on v

Closed
shalom1506 Posts 5 Registration date Thursday March 21, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2013 - Apr 18, 2013 at 09:12 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 30, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Hello,
I am new to VBA. I have a problem which I believe is very simple, but I am failing foolishly. I have to generate a MsgBox warning the user to enter data in blank cells. I also have to mention the destination of the blank cell by indicating the parameters in the preceding column. For Example, In column A I have entered the name of the companies - Ferrari, Audi and Lamborghini, while in Column B I have mentioned their respective cars. In column C,D,E I have mentioned their sales figure for the months. If the user fails to enter the sales figure for one entry, I need to warn him when he checks the data validity. The message if the user leaves a cell empty should be:

Please Enter the number of units of Lamborghini Aventador and Lamborghini Veneno sold.

Actually in my excel file I have over a thousand rows for verification. Please help me out with this.

Thanks in anticipation. Shalom Vineeth.

2 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 19, 2013 at 02:56 AM
Hi Shalom Vineeth,

I have prepared a sample sheet. You can click on the "Validate" button on the sheet; an input box will prompt you to enter the range. Enter the range of data such as "A1:E7" and click "OK". This will highlight all the empty cells and a pop up will tell the address of each empty cell. You can download the sample file from here:

http://speedy.sh/33gqu/ValidateEmptyCells.xlsm

You can make the necessary changes in the code and the sheet to suite your needs.
shalom1506 Posts 5 Registration date Thursday March 21, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2013 2
Apr 29, 2013 at 01:54 PM
Thanks Zohaib for the reply.. Unfortunately the file is not opening..I am getting a message that the file may have corrupted...:( If possible please mail me the file to Mail Id deleted by a moderator for your security
Thanks once again for the reply..
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 30, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Hi shalom1506,

As per forum rules on en.kioskea.net I will not be able to take this conversation to personal email address. I have checked the file and it opens correctly. This file was created using Microsoft Excel 2010 for Windows. Try using a different computer and see if you can download the file.