Problem Sending emails from Outlook

Closed
Johnaitch Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2013 - Apr 25, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Johnaitch Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2013 - Apr 29, 2013 at 04:28 AM
Sometimes I live in the UK and sometimes in France. When working in the UK, using a landline wireless network Outlook works fine.

When in France, I use a shared wi-fi service because I have no landline. I can receive mail via Outlook, but I cannot send. When testing, I have received several different error message, including one suggesting that I was sending spam, but the most common tells me that "none of the authentification methods supported by this client are supported by your server."

I have tried several of the solutions suggested by members but, sadly, to no avail. Previously, I have turned to a different email agent to solve the problem, which eventually led to all sorts of collation and filing problems. I have decided that, from now on, I don't want to change to a different email agent, so any further inspiration would be gratefully received.
Related:

2 responses

perkinmerchant Posts 1 Registration date Monday April 29, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2013
Apr 29, 2013 at 03:43 AM
One of the main cause for such behavior of Outlook is corruption of PST file in Outlook or oversize PST files. You may use scanpst.exe tool to repair corrupt PST file but in some situation this tool fails to repair corrupt PST file. In this situation best option is to choose Outlook Pst Repair software.

For More information :
http://www.pstlook.com/outlook-pst-repair.php
Johnaitch Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2013
Apr 29, 2013 at 04:28 AM
Thanks for the advice perkinmerchant. I followed the link & arrived at the pstlook.com cover page. Being as careful as possible I thought I would take up the offer of the free download/trial which appeared to be on offer. A click on the "FREE DOWNLOAD" button produced nothing. A click on the "BUY NOW" button, however, took me straight to the Safecart site, where I was invited to enter my details.

That's a no-go at this stage I'm afraid.