Outlook 2007 is not sending mails

medo - Updated on Jan 10, 2019 at 07:51 AM
 danigirl - May 2, 2017 at 01:15 AM

Have a nice day.

I migrate my data from one PC to another. The old one was having Windows XP operating system along with Outlook 2003 while the new one is VISTA with Outlook 2007. I am receiving messages normally but not able to send any. Is there any changes in account settings that I should change?

We checked our servers and I put the same settings on many other computers. It works normally putting in consideration that the PCs we tried are all having Windows XP and Outlook 2007.

Is the problem from Windows VISTA?

Just to inform that we are using genuine versions for all the products.

Thank you very much for your support & looking forward to hear from you soon.
System Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0

11 responses

Hey guys, this worked for me!

If you use Outlook 2007 as an email client to check your email, you'll need to update the settings.

To update the settings on Outlook 2007, do the following:

1. Open Outlook 2007.
2. Click on the Tools menu.
3. Click on Account Settings.
4. Select your AT&T email account and click the Change button.
5. Change the following settings:
  • Incoming mail server: Change your current settings to pop.att.yahoo.com
  • Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Change your current settings to smtp.att.yahoo.com
  • User Name: If you don't already have your complete email address entered here, do so now.

6. Click the More Settings button.
7. Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
8. Change the following settings:
  • Check the box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
  • Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.

9. Click the Advanced tab.
10. Change the following settings:
  • Check the box This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Incoming server (POP3).
  • Select SSL from the Use the following type of encrypted connection dropdown menu under Outgoing server (SMTP).
  • Incoming server (POP3): Change your current settings to 995.
  • Outgoing server (SMTP): Change your current settings to 465.

11. Click OK.
12. Click Next.
13. Click Finish.
thanks man. ive been sitting here trying to figure this out for hours. Your my hero lmao.
is this only if you have an At&T email. I have yahoo