Can't get audio on My computer

Closed
steviesings Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday May 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 2, 2013 - May 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - May 2, 2013 at 01:29 AM
I try to play music and it comes up with a message that it cannot play the file because there may not be a sound device installed on my computer, it may be in use by another programme or ir might not be functioning properley. I have tried troubleshooting but nothing is working. The sound was working until yesterday but sometimes it came up with that error message. Please help thank's
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 2, 2013 at 01:29 AM
Hi steviesings,

Please try the below mentioned steps and check if these steps help:

1. End all programs that might be using the audio device, and then try to play the file again.
2. Install updated drivers for the audio device. To install the audio drivers:
a. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
b. Click System, click Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
c. Under Sound, video and games controller, check the sound card that is listed.
d. Right-click the sound card, and then click Uninstall. Restart the computer.
e. Repeat steps: a,b,c
f. Right-click the sound card and then click Update Driver to install the latest driver.
g. If you are not able to update the drivers using Windows Update, visit the Web site of the sound card manufacturer to download and install the audio drivers.
3. If you have multiple sound devices (such as HDMI audio output, add on Audio Card, on-board audio chip, etc.) installed on your computer, try using different devices. This steps works if you are not receiving the audio output because the selected sound device might not support Secure Audio Path (SAP).
4. If the above steps do not resolve the problem, issue could be due to a particular Windows service not running in system. Click Start, type "services.msc" and press enter scroll in the Services window, locate and double-click "Windows Audio" service. Ensure its status is "Started", and Startup Type is "Automatic". Now, locate and double-click "Power" service. Ensure its status too is "Started", and Startup Type is "Automatic". Close the Services window and restart the computer normally.

Do reply with results.