Dell problem for audio output device is installed

Closed
hawo - May 6, 2013 at 08:21 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - May 10, 2013 at 08:13 AM
Hello,
no audio output device is installed. Ive pretty much tried everything: driver cd, system restore, device manager, uninstall and reinstall all versions of realtek audio driver.
So my question is can i just get a new sound card, do you think that will solve my problem??? if yes what do you recommend, and how do i do it. Im runnig a dell with windows vista (crap).
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 7, 2013 at 03:29 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) First make sure that "Windows Audio" status is "Started" in "Services".

Click on Start --> In search bar,type services.msc and press Enter.

"Services" window will be opened. At the right-side, scroll down for the service

named "Windows Audio". Its "Status" should be "Started".

Right-click on it and click on "Start" to start it.

2) Go to your manufacture's website and download the "Chipset" & Audio drivers.

Note: Some devices may not function properly if the drivers are installed out of

order. For more information, click on the below hyperlink "Info".

Info

So, first install the "Chipset" drivers and then install the "Audio" drivers.

Good Luck
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 10, 2013 at 08:13 AM
Hi hawo,

Adding to "jack4rall" response, I would like to add another troubleshooting step here. Please, try running a "Custom Test" on "Audio Device" in "Dell 32-bit Diagnostics Utility". You can find steps on how to run "Dell 32-bit Diagnostics Utility" from the below mentioned link:

http://dell.to/15cyZel

If the test fails, it is apparent that the "Audio Card" needs to be replaced else, we can try other software troubleshooting steps. In case, the test fails and you need to replace the "Audio Card", please reply with the exact System Model Number of your Dell computer, so that I can suggest recommended upgrades.

Please do write back to us.