Graphic will only move up- all arrows nudge it up

Closed
MattTrain Posts 2 Registration date Friday May 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2013 - May 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM
MattTrain Posts 2 Registration date Friday May 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2013 - May 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM
After copying an image into word, I'll set it to be behind or in front of text and try to position it exactly where I want by clicking and dragging it. When I let it go, it jumps up the screen about 1/2 an inch or so. When I try to use the arrow keys, it does the same thing, regardless of which arrow key I use, up, down, left, or right - it always goes up.

When num lock is off the key pad does the same thing
Scroll lock is not on

All the arrows are pushing the graphic up and when I release the graphic is jumps up a bit. I have tried several graphics and am having the same problem. I browsed online and saw one long thread (https://ccm.net/forum/affich-58684-problem-scrolling-with-arrow-keys-ie7 where people suggested F4 and F7. Coincidentally enough the young people in the house have used the laptop to hook up to the TV recently and the F7 key is part of that process. BUT when I press F7 in word it auto spell checks. And when I press it out of word it doesn't seem to do anything. And when I hold the FUNCTION key with it it just gives me the screen extension/projector prompts. So I am suspecting that at some point a finger slipped and a different option was selected but at this moment my ability to move graphics is word is severally limited. HELP!

Thank you much!
Related:

2 responses

CDMSR Posts 1 Registration date Thursday May 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2013
May 10, 2013 at 03:00 PM
Is there a grid option that might be locked in 'ON' position? (I am not familiar with WORD but have seen similar behavior in other environments and am a strict adherent of Occam's razor.
MattTrain Posts 2 Registration date Friday May 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2013
May 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Interesting suggestion. Grid lock is not on, nor any snap to grid option. I reset the grid options to default just to be safe. I checked around those options and could not find anything that makes a difference.

It is STILL NOT WORKING.

Thank you for the help!