My HP laptop wont come on....all the way.....

Closed
Carrier1980 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday June 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2013 - Jun 11, 2013 at 07:39 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Okay, so first of all, thank you for taking the time to read my problem and, hopefully, give me some possible solutions. Next, PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I GO OUT OF MY MIND!!!! At first my laptop would not come on at all after a normal shut down (a few days before). So I read up on some solutions here and I tried unplugging the power cord, taking out battery, and holding the power button for 30 secs. And I thought I had it. When I pressed the power button it sounded as though it was starting right up but then nothing except a few particular lights. I never seen the monitor come on at all but I did hear the fans start up. Then stop and the power button light stayed lit as well as the WiFi antenna looking button light. Also my caps lock light is blinking. It doesn't stop blinking either. Its on for 1 second then off for 2 seconds over and over. I put a DVD in the player just to see what would happen and it sounded like it wanted to work fine but the rest of the laptop wouldnt cooperate w/it. Just give it to me straight. What is your honest opinions and/or suggestions? The laptop is right at 2 yrs old so no warranty anymore. I bought it brand new and I have been the only user of it for the most part. I don't download crazy stuff off the internet or go to "raunchy" websites (but I don't judge, to each his own :)). Thanks for any and all help, Carrie
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 11, 2013 at 07:45 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Once again unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power

button for 60 seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the

laptop and later put the battery back into the laptop.

2) If the problem still exists then click on the below link and follow the instructions

https://ccm.net/faq/9066-laptop-screen-won-t-turn-on

3) If the problem still exists then click on the below hyperlink "LED Error Codes".

You can find all the information.

LED Error Codes

Good Luck
Carrier1980 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday June 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2013
Jun 11, 2013 at 08:57 PM
Excuse my ignorance but could you explain to me how to remove the RAM? I have no idea where or what it is. Thanks again, Carrie
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 12, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Click on the below hyperlink "Instructions". You can find all the information.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c00262554
Follow the steps or the Video guide and remove the RAM from the slot and place it back properly.
Good Luck