HDD/MOTHERBOARD Toasted?

Solved/Closed
Blurk80 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday June 29, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2013 - Jun 29, 2013 at 03:24 AM
Blurk80 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday June 29, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2013 - Jun 29, 2013 at 03:05 PM
Greetings. My name is Blurk. I Work as a part time beta tester. Today i was testing a rather peculiar FPS Game. while on it. my detachable wooden desk fell off: Effectively landing on my PC. The image froze and the audio looped. I Restarted it; To my desperation i was freaking out, It took an AWFULL long time to boot compared to normal.

I Pressed the automatic button on my monitor by coincidence in my desperation. It fixed it for then.Everything booted as normal. Afterwards i worked like normal and such. 1 Boot later about 3 hours afterwards. Auto doesnt work. It stuck at S.M.A.R.T Disabled but capable. My pc usually did this when i had a disk on. So i eject it. Nothing happened. Also happened when i had no disk and i ejected it all.

It took its time, The window loading bar of XP was black and grayed out, as it had just loaded in the first second with some contrast . After some time the OS bar Went back to normal and booted.

This did not last. After certain time. i turn my PC off and take a nap. I Go back. S.M.A.R.T Takes its time again. Then goes to the underscore. It blinked back and forth for a LOT of time whiteouth nothing happened; Now. Kioskean members. I require your help. Is my HDD/Motherboard broken; Or is my routine glitchy smart happening? any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

Since i cant boot my PC. And i dont really remenber the Specs. just a bit of em. Ill post those.

2GB Ram.

GTS 440

Dual intel core. (No idea which version)

Thanks.
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 29, 2013 at 01:52 PM
Hello,

Permit me to add few lines.

Try this 1

When you Switch ON your computer, keep tapping the "Tab" key to see the POST

message. Look at the device which is taking much longer time in detection. Check

the connections to that device.

Go to CMOS settings --> Load the default settings --> Set the first boot device

as hard drive --> Save the settings and exit from it.

Make sure that all the connections are firmly connected.

Good Luck
Blurk80 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday June 29, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2013
Jun 29, 2013 at 03:05 PM
Thanks man! You are a life saver, Apparently a device was unconnected, I Reconnected it. Then used the boot device, Thanks dude. You saved me
Blocked Profile
Jun 29, 2013 at 11:06 AM
A good start would be to try to boot into Recovery from windos disk and do a CHKDSK!