-
Registration date
Saturday July 13, 2013
Status
Last seen
July 14, 2013
-
Hello,

I Orginally have a windows XP But i upgraded it to windows 7, and my hard drive has 74.4gb now it got lowered down to 1.79gb i want to free space! i got my old windows
XP files in it too whichy might be why it's soo much space tooken. i can't get an external hard drive right now....too darn expensive....but how do i free more space? i already did disk clean up...didn't free up that much...i deleeted some programs...didn't do much either...so is theere any suggestions as to how i free up a lot of space?

4 replies

Registration date
Thursday July 4, 2013
Status
Last seen
July 14, 2013

Try to get rid of any old or unused applications from the "add remove programs" tag is control panel.

If you want me to look a little deeper into the topic I can.
Registration date
Saturday July 6, 2013
Status
Last seen
July 11, 2013

I Tried that it still is really low :( And i think because when i installed windows 7 i have my old windows backup files on the C: Drive as we'll.. But i really need Help, Thank You for Your Commet. :)
Registration date
Sunday September 23, 2012
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Hi parislexi1,

Please check what amount of disk is occupied by "Windows Backup and Restore Utility". Please check the below mentioned link for more details:

How To Manage Hard Drive Space Used by Windows 7 Backup and Restore

Do reply with results.
Registration date
Saturday July 13, 2013
Status
Last seen
July 14, 2013

download ccleaner ( https://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ and click analyze and then press clean button. If this also doesnt free up much space, then right click on ur C drive, goto properties->General->tick compress files to save space. this might take some time so u hav to wait