Laptop won't turn on!!

Closed
highrah Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 18, 2013 - Jul 18, 2013 at 07:11 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jul 21, 2013 at 07:28 AM
Hello, my laptop won't turn on. I have a dell inspiron N5110. It was working fine in the morning. When I tried to turn it on the same night, the power button blinked and then went off. I've tried the power off battery out hold the power button down thing it won't work. The charger is working fine, when I plug it in the battery light comes on, then when I try to press the power button the battery light turns off as I'm pressing it. Please help! But if I do take it to the shop will my data be safe? Or will I lose everything?

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 18, 2013 at 08:10 PM
It's possible that your Motherboard (MB) or hard drive has failed and you will need to buy a new laptop. New laptops cost less than new a Motherboard. If the problem is with the hard drive then you have lost your data. If it's a MB problem then perhaps you can convert the hard drive to a USB external drive for a replacement PC.

Good Luck
highrah Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Does a laptop not turn on when a hard drive fails? And how can 3 drives all fail at once for absolutely no reason at all? I've researched it a bit and they all say it's probably the MB, but it didn't say anything about hard drive failing.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 19, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Only one of your hard drives has the operating system on it. So only one has to fail. I agree the MB failure is the most likely.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 21, 2013 at 07:28 AM
Hi highrah,

From your post I understand the computer won't show anything on the screen and the power button blinks, you have tried draining the Flea Power by pressing and holding the power button while the power sources were disconnected but that didn't make any difference.

Do you observe any symptoms such as beep codes or any other lights on the machine such as Hard Drive Status Light, Battery Status Light, etc.? If so, what is the number of beeps or color and state of the lights? What happens when you try to power on the computer using Fn + Power Button? If possible try to re-seat the memory modules in the computer. Refer to the service manual of the laptop for steps on how to re-seat the memory modules. If you are not comfortable removing the memory modules yourself, please seek a technician's help.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6