I have a dell tower, and that works just fine I doubt anything is wrong with it except the vga does not work so it connects to my monitor via Some extension cables I never heard of which allows me to connect to with a normal black and blue vga. Its has worked just fine in the past but I had to get rid of my old vga cord because it had a short in it. So I bought a new one, but for some reason its NOT WORKING!!! This is what happens when I connect it: it has a signal, everything is on, I know my monitor and tv work with this, but for some reason the screen is black and it has little white (barley visible) lines going horizontally across the screen. Through my speakers I can here my computer working fine I managed to log in with out being able to see lol so every thing else is working fine. ?????? Im lost HEEEEELLLP!!!!!
Dell tower Computer monitor and tv will not display
Try the below mentioned steps and reply with results:
1. Check for optimal video resolution in the Monitor OSD (On-Screen-Display) Menu. Run factory reset. Refer monitor's user guide for accurate steps.
2. Check if you can start the computer in BIOS Setup before the screen fades and lines appears. Hit F2 key at the Dell Logo to enter BIOS. If the BIOS screen appears, check if the problem occurs here also.
3. If same issue in seen on Dell Logo and in BIOS, follow the below mentioned steps.
4. Ensure Video cable is functional/not damaged (broken/bent pins). Re-seat monitor data cable (VGA, DVI, HDMI or Display Port).
5. Run "Monitor self-test/BIST". To run "Monitor self-test/BIST" unplug the monitor's video cable while keeping the power cord plugged in. If a pattern or a box appears on the screen with correct image, the test has passed else, the problem is with the Monitor.
6. If you are using a VGA connection, perform "Auto Adjust" from OSD.
7. Check if the issue persists when the monitor is connected via different video port source or to a different computer. If the issue persists the problem is with the monitor.
To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
It shows up just fine with hdmi but the hdmi cord does not belong to me, so I had to give it back. So im positive its the vga cord. But its new and none of the pins are bent it looks fine it just isnt working for some reason. BTW is there a difference between VGA, D-SUB, and RGB cords? Im thinkin maybe I shouldve bought an RGB but they all look the same And seem to do the same thing