I am using dell Vostro 3500 laptop. Suddenly i got problem like wireless is detecting signal with high strength but unable to connect.I am trying to connect past 1 hours but unable to connect.Tell me possible solutions for my problem
You may have a problem with a Windows Service called DHCP. DHCP gets the IP address from the router - without this address the internet doesn't work. So you have the wireless adapter saying you have a great connection and Windows not being able to use it.
You can check the status of DHCP -
go to START - CONTROL PANEL - click classic view - select Admin Tools - select Services
look for the DHCP line - is it started? and is the startup type automatic?
if not started - right click the DHCP Client" line select properties and set the startup type to automatic and manually start the service.
Try your browser again it might work this time
go to START - CONTROL PANEL - Network and Sharing Center - set up a connection or network - connect to the internet - next this might establish the software connections you need.
With permission from jaisan, xpcman and ac3mark I would like to suggest a few steps. Please follow the below mentioned steps and reply with results:
1. Press and hold the Windows Key on the keyboard and then press R key to launch Run Dialog box.
2. Type "cmd" and hit "Enter".
3. Type "ipconfig" at the command prompt and hit "Enter".
4. Scroll down to Wireless Adapter.
5. Under the listed Wireless Adapter check if "IPv4" and "Default Gateway" show a valid IP Address.
6. Type "ping IPv4 Address" and hit Enter. Also ping "Default Gateway". Replace IPv4 address and "Default Gateway" with actual IP Addresses.
7. If you get response in the above step, type "ping www.dell.com" and check if there is response.
8. If Ping is successful in the previous steps and Internet Explorer is unable to open any websites or showing Page cannot be displayed. Run below MS Fix-Its using wired connection:
a. Winsock Reset - Fix it
b. Automatically diagnose and fix common security setting on Windows
c. MS Fix it : Improve performance, safety and security in Internet Explorer
9. If ping is successful for default gateway, but not for websites, check in "Safe Mode With Networking". If you are able to go online in "Safe Mode With Networking", then it's an issue mostly with firewall.
10. If you are not able to ping the website or go online in "Safe Mode With Networking" also, then "Power Cycle" the router.
11. Check if any other computers are able to connect to this same wireless network. If yes, the issue is with this computer only.
To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6