My sd card not detected by my laptop

Closed
mastura Posts 1 Registration date Thursday August 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 23, 2013 - Aug 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM
bernalrichard Posts 2 Registration date Monday January 18, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 19, 2016 - Jan 19, 2016 at 03:10 AM
Hello,

i had a mini sd card and a micro sd card used in mobile phone. used to be working fine to transfer musics and pictures to the laptop. after a while both cannot be read or detect by my laptop.

when I checked through the device status in the device manager said
'this device is working properly". a moment later another message coming up said

"currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer.
To fix this problem please reconnect the hardware device to the computer"

how do I do that? please help me the easy way..

Related:

4 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 28, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Hi mastura,

This error occurs if a device that was previously connected to the computer is no longer connected. Please visit the below mentioned hyperlink to see the suggested fix from Microsoft:

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

Hope this helps.
Hi zohaib r. Thank you for your reply and the link given. The explanation was me to simply reconnect the device again. So I had push and pull the sd card adaptor into the slot mny times but still not detected. So maybe both sd card adaptors are damage? Perhaps I should buy new card adaptor...
Hi Zohaib. Why my laptop can't open my memory card? When I click the memory card button on laptop, it said 'please insert a disk into SDHC (F:). Btw, SDHC is my memory card name. What I need to do?
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 30, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Hi mastura,

There is another section in the article starting with, "The following information is for the advanced user..." If you are comfortable with trying advanced troubleshooting steps, you can proceed to uninstalling the card reader from "Nonpresent devices" in "Device Manager". Also, you might find the below mentioned article useful:

Device Manager does not display devices that are not connected to the Windows XP-based computer

Hope this helps.
bernalrichard Posts 2 Registration date Monday January 18, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 19, 2016
Jan 19, 2016 at 03:10 AM
Check if your PC has installed relevant drives successfully. If has, then make sure your SD card adapter in good situation. Of course, other reasons may also cause your problem, such as virus, dirt on the SD card and so on. Collect some articles on the Internet about SD card couldn't be mounted and you will be able to solve it.
Hi, I try to connect my phone to my laptop. But unfortunately, all the folders including DCIM, Musics etc is not display. How can I trigger back those folders?

Need someone help here!