Dell mini note book 1018

Closed
ras1mal Posts 1 Registration date Monday September 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2013 - Sep 2, 2013 at 02:55 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Sep 2, 2013 at 04:17 PM
Hi:

My note book does not come on when I turn a power on. I did all of the recommendation on this website but still no power.

A really appreciate any help!!
Thanks
Ras
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 2, 2013 at 04:17 PM
Hi Ras,

Try the below mentioned steps and reply with results:

1. Check if the system has power light ON.
2. If the system has no power light, ensure it is plugged into AC power. Remove the battery and try to power on using only the AC Adapter.
3. If the system has power, check for the Beep codes. This indicates the computer is not performing POST (Power On Self Test).
4. If you are facing the situation mentioned in Step 3, with the power OFF and the system unplugged, remove all CRUs (Customer Removable Units) from the system and reconnect the AC adapter to the system and try again. Following is the list of CRUs in the correct order:
a. Battery
b. Keyboard
c. Hard Drive
5. Step 4 involves opening the chassis and removing the parts. Do not perform this step if you are not comfortable; rather seek a technician's help. You can find the steps to remove these parts from the Service Manual. Also go through the Safety Instructions mentioned in the Service Manual.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6