Notebook screen

Closed
Vlastina Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 3, 2013 - Sep 2, 2013 at 04:51 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Sep 5, 2013 at 06:45 PM
Hi, I need someone's help. One day my keyboard stop working. I've tried to reboot it but keyboard icon was missing in Control Panel - Hardware. Then I pressed something and what I can see now on my screen is only my background. There are no any icons on my screen and keyboard is still not working, neither mouse pad. I have to use only external mouse. Please, help. Thank you.

6 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 2, 2013 at 06:41 PM
Hi Vlastina,

Please try to perform "System Restore" to an earlier date when there was no problem with the computer. Click here to find steps on how to perform System Restore in Windows.

Hope this helps.
Vlastina Posts 2 Registration date Monday September 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 3, 2013
Sep 3, 2013 at 05:01 AM
Hi Zohaib,
I've tried that as well. Unfortunately, there was always an error and it didn't finish. I cannot open any programs now because I don't have any icons on my screen. Any advice? Thank you,
Vlasta
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 3, 2013 at 06:58 PM
Hi Vlasta,

Please reply with the exact text of the error message that you receive when you perform System Restore.
Hi Zohaib,

I don't remember it exactly, but it was telling me that there may be some program still running (anti-virus program). I've turned everything off but still it was keeping showing me that error every time I did the System Restore.
Sep 4, 2013 at 07:14 PM
Hi Vlasta,

Please disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows and then try to make a note of the exact text of the error message. To Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure follow the steps provided in the below mentioned hyperlink;

Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure

Please do write back to us.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hi Zohaib,
I cannot disable Automatic Restart on System Failure. My Windows starts normally but I don't have icons on my screen so I cannot press Start button etc. because I don't see it. My screen isn't blue or black it shows the picture of my background. I am missing all icons on the screen. To turn off the notebook I have to press on/off button. I can't do it the correct way.
Sep 5, 2013 at 06:45 PM
Hi Vlasta,

You can also disable this option from outside of Windows. Click the below mentioned hyperlink to know more:

Disable Automatic Restart From the Advanced Boot Options Menu in Windows 7