Dell blank screen, tricks posted here wont work

Closed
terrance511 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 3, 2013 - Oct 1, 2013 at 05:30 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Oct 7, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Hello,

my dell laptop showing blank screen after power button pressed
things i done:
configured ram, -pull and plug back, -change slot

next thing was the popular trick:
pull out power cord and battery, press start button for 60 sec
plug power cord, start, WORK 1st time
pause on boot up page, weird msg, have to press f1 manully to start window
startup, then shut down
remove cord, put in battery
press start, wont work anymore!
and retry above step, now it cant.

how should i proceed from here :(

Related:

2 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 2, 2013 at 03:10 PM
Hi terrance511,

From your post I understand that you had re-seated the memory modules and then did flea-power release. After these two steps system powered on for one time where you got the message on the screen to press F1 key and then the computer had shut down. In this situation the next step is to remove all the CRUs (Customer Removable Units) from the computer and then try to power on the computer. With the components removed if the computer boots to Windows then we try to put back one component at a time in the computer and check which component is causing the computer not to boot. So that I can suggest to you the CRUs in the machine and steps to remove them, please reply with the exact System Model Number of your Dell Laptop.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
terrance511 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 3, 2013
Oct 3, 2013 at 03:13 PM
hi, it's inspiron 13/1320
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 7, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Hi terrance511,

Below mentioned are the steps:

1. Remove all external peripherals and power source from the laptop and "Drain Flea Power". To "Drain Flea Power" after removing the AC Adapter and Battery press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
2. Connect the AC Adapter only and power on the computer, observe if you hear any beep codes or any other light indicators.
3. If no change is observed, repeat step 1 and remove the components in the following order:
a. Memory
b. WLAN Mini-Card
c. Central Control Cover
d. Keyboard
e. Hard Drive
Note: You will find the exact steps on how to remove these components from the Service Manual.
4. Repeat step 2 and check if there is any change or computer exhibits memory beeps.
5. If beeps are heard connect only one memory module and perform step 2.
6. If the computer seems to complete POST and boot to Windows try connecting the keyboard and Hard Drive one by one. If the computer boots to Windows normally the issue is fixed. Else if the computer still not able to complete POST, try to isolate which of the remaining two components is causing no POST.

The above steps are for isolating if any of the listed CRUs (Customer Removable Units) are causing any issues. If the issue persists please feel free to respond with the exact symptoms exhibited by the machine.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.