Dell Vostro Laptop stops instantly after I start it

Closed
Priyankur Dutta Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 7, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2013 - Oct 7, 2013 at 03:43 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Oct 7, 2013 at 03:32 PM
I have a Dell Vostro 1014 N series Laptop. Recently I face a starting problem. When I try to start my laptop it turns on but suddenly after 2 to 3 seconds it stops instantly. I usually hibernate my laptop in order to skip the starting process. I don't know what had happened ? Please help .
Related:

2 responses

nomibucha100 Posts 5 Registration date Tuesday September 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2013
Oct 7, 2013 at 07:23 AM
this is very informative sharing
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 7, 2013 at 03:32 PM
Hi Priyankur Dutta,

This looks like a no boot situation. Which means the computer is not able to boot to Windows but is starting. As you mentioned the problem started when you hibernated the laptop as usual. Let's try the below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if these steps help:

1. Press the Power Button and Check LED's located in the front left hand side of notebook. Note if any special sequence of lights is displayed during startup.
2. Are you able to see the Dell Logo before the computer shuts down? If yes, please try to enter the System Setup (BIOS) by hitting the F2 key and check if the computer stays on here.
3. Power off the computer and disconnect all external peripherals from the computer (also remove any discs in the optical drive). Remove the battery and the AC Adapter. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds to release Flea Power.
4. Power on the computer and check if it stays powered on.
5. If the computer stays on in step 2 but is not able to stay on in Windows, try to run Dell 32-bit Diagnostics. Click here to find steps on how to run Dell Diagnostics. If the tests return any error code(s), please add the exact text of the error code in your reply.

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.