Sound is coming from both speaker as well as ear phone...

Closed
kolimari Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 21, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 21, 2013 - Oct 21, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Oct 28, 2013 at 02:03 PM
hi there,
i'm using dell inspiron N5010. windows ultimate... from few days when ever i'm watching some audio or video file with my head phone turned on, sound comes from speaker also, i dont think its an hardware issue as my laptop is new.. please some one help me, is there any solution for it? its really disturbing to others so please help...

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 21, 2013 at 03:08 PM
Hi kolimari,

Have you tried to update the Audio Drivers for the computer? If not, please uninstall the "IDT High Definition Audio" from "Add or Remove Programs" in "Control Panel". Once the drivers are uninstalled, download the drivers from here and then re-install the drivers. If the issue is still not fixed, it points to a failure called as "Failed Sense Pin". Please follow the steps outlined in the below mentioned article to identify the point of failure:

Headphone Jack FAQ

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
nothing helped sir.. i tried re-installing audio software. my problem is sound is coming from both head phone and speaker when i plug in head phone.. speaker works normal except this...
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 28, 2013 at 02:03 PM
Hi kolimari,

If you have tried all the steps mentioned in Headphone Jack FAQ and still the issue is not fixed, the issue is with the sense pin of your audio jack and needs replacement. Does the computer have an active warranty? You can check the warranty status here (Enter the service tag, click submit and check for the warranty status). If you want to know more about warranty services watch this video.

Please do write back to us.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.