Before to kill the deep freze

Closed
morrow2K Posts 2 Registration date Sunday October 20, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 1, 2013 - Oct 21, 2013 at 07:05 PM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Oct 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Hi lady / gentlemen,
Few months ago, I thought my computer had virus, I called a man called "TAN Computer doctor" to my home, He fixed it and he said: "from now on I don't worry about virus".
Base on all your information I found out he installed Deep freeze "dfzstate2k" and your had various ideas how to uninstall it, I haven't try it, because I'm old man, I have to read it again and again to make sure to follow correctly steps to kill the Deep freeze.
To me "deep freeze" is good because there are no more viruses.
But I recently bought a printer and I couldn't install it because of deep freeze (don't want to call him again to install for me, because his attitude some kind of arrogant and he looks down at my stupidity...)

I have some questions for you before I kill the deep freeze
1. What is 1394 connection (connected, Fire walled, 1394 Adapter)?
1. Do I have to disable it before to follow your instruction? I am afraid this is a net work of "Computer Doctor" and he prevent me from uninstall "deep freeze"
2. Do I really need it? Can I unstall it?
3. What is Local Area Connection (connected, fire walled Realtex RT8139/8 10x Family...)? I need it to go to internet right?
4. Do I have to disable it (LAN) before I follow your steps to kill the "Deep freeze"?
5. 3."TAN Computer doctor" also install the program (and the shortcut-icon on the screen) called: TeamViewer it has 2 sections:
* Remote Control: along with Your ID number and your password (this password randomly created, it change all times after close this program). Enter personal pass word to access this computer from anywhere
* Control Remote Computer: enter partner ID to control the REMOTE computer
6. The question for you is TeamViewer program allows him to look at anything I type on my computer or spy on me?
* Of cause I can't remove it without kill the Deep freeze first.
7. The final question please: because "DEEP FREEZE" is good and there is no more virus in my computer, can I (should I) install back the "deep freeze" after kill it? And how to do it?

Please help me to understand, I thank you very much

Morrow
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Oct 22, 2013 at 05:56 AM
Hello Morrow,

"The question for you is TeamViewer program allows him to look at anything I type on my computer or spy on me?"

The answer is yes !

My suggestions to you:

1. Never call on that man again.

2. Uninstall Teamviewer and Deepfreeze

3. To protect you machine from viruses, all you need is a good antivirus and a firewall.

4. If again you believe your computer has a virus, come back to en.Kioskea.

Good luck
Thank you million times for this. I understand it now and I will do it later. The Teamviewer and DeepFreeze were installed without my permission or knowledge as the time he came to my home to fix my computer. As working as labor I has no time to do it today, but I think your constructions will work.
I really really appreciate it very much.
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Oct 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Hi Ambucias,

I'm kind of shocked to read your answer!

I have TeamViewer installed because I needed help from a buddy in another country. I always had to provide him with a (by TeamViewer) generated code before the connection could be established. I kept TeamViewer because I thought I might use it again.

But by doing so, I'm actually at risk from evil computer people, even when the program is closed?

I did notice my wifi connection would drop (lower speed) from time to time, but I always thought my ISP was behind it.

Is TeamViewer a program which should be avoided at all times?

Please advise?

Thanks,
Trowa
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Oct 22, 2013 at 04:26 PM
Dear Trowa,

Teamviewer is indeed a nice tool to get help at a distance however one can use Windows tools for the same purpose.

I always suggest to be extremely careful before installing Teamviewer has it may render the computer subject to hyjacking or spying.

In Morrow's case Teamviewer was installed by someone who was actually in front of the ill computer which makes it very suspicious as the software was created for online assistance.

I suggest you delete it. If you wish to test your machine for possible leaks on Internet, you may try this tool

http://www.pcflank.com/pcflankleaktest.htm

Regards
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Oct 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Thanks for the advise and the link Ambucias!