Dell Studio 1555 Connects to Internet but wont open

Closed
jackers42 Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 21, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 21, 2013 - Oct 21, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Oct 22, 2013 at 08:39 PM
ive been having this problem for about a year I cannot connect to any network, it says im connected but it wont open any webpages..it just says the webpage cannot be displayed. I have deleted many things and tried different browsers and nothing works. the only have security I have in mcafee but it wont let me uninstall it without going to the website. I have gone to inerter options, I have gone to networking and played around on it for hours and nothing has helped. I called dell but my warranty is expired and they want me to pay hundreds of dollars to fix it, as they call it a software problem. help!!!
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 22, 2013 at 08:39 PM
Hi jackers42,

Please try the below mentioned steps and reply with results:

1. From the command prompt "Release" and "Renew" IP Addresses. Click here to find steps on how to do this.
2. Run below MS Fix-Its by downloading on a different computer and then transferring to your Dell computer:
a. Winsock Reset - Fix it
b. Automatically diagnose and fix common security setting on Windows
c. MS Fix it : Improve performance, safety and security in Internet Explorer
3. Check in "Safe Mode With Networking". If you are able to go online in "Safe Mode With Networking", then it's an issue mostly with firewall.
4. If you are not able to go online in "Safe Mode With Networking" also, then "Power Cycle" the router (if available, ignore this step if you directly connect using a wire).
5. Check if any other computers are able to connect to this same network.

Please do write back to us.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.