Dell laptop p07T blank screen with cursor

Closed
atulbrain007 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday November 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 17, 2013 - Nov 17, 2013 at 02:20 PM
carminabigue Posts 620 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2015 - Nov 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Hi,

I have a dell inspiron p07T laptop. I was using it and all of a sudden the program stopped responding and it gave me some error some blue characters and it froze. I was not able to restart it so removed the battery and reinsterted the battery and restarted it. It shows the dell logo and then option to press F2 or F12 and comes to the blank screen with a blinking cursor.
I have tried modifying the bios settings etc. Can anybody suggest the solution? Is it related to hard drive?

Your suppprt in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Atul shah.
Related:

1 response

carminabigue Posts 620 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2015 125
Nov 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Try this.

1. Boot from the Windows 7 install disk
2. After choosing your language, choose the "Repair your computer" option on the "install now" screen
3. Optional step: if you need special drivers to access your hard drives (SCSI, etc), follow the "load drivers" onscreen instructions to read them from an external source.
4. When prompted, choose the "System restore" option
5. Choose one of the previous restore points (I chose the second one down on mine just to be sure)
6. The system will roll back installs to that restore point; reboot only when prompted

Once I did this, my system was able to boot and worked normally again! I hope this is helpful to you.