Dell Studio 1558 Laptop Black Screen and not Booting. [Closed]

-
 Conphy -
Laptop Model: Dell Studio 1558 i5 Processor 15.6"
Mother Board: 04DKNR
Ram: DDR3: 2 X 2 GB

When I am working with above Laptop, I connected one USB Pen Drive and I copied some files and I removed the USB Pen drive without proper ejecting procedure. "I Got full HD white screen and I could not able to view are surf anything" Then I turned off the system using Power button "I pressed it until system shut down.
When I tried to turn on the system, I pressed the power button, the system is running with following conditions

1. System is showing Black screen. Even not able to see Dell logo.
2. I got sound of DVD drive start up sound
3. Hard disk running sound.
4. Heat sync fan is running.
5. After running system for 5 to 10 minutes with above status, I pressed power button, system shuttled down immediate without any single second delay.
6. So based on above activity I came to know system was not able to boot.
7. I did Screen test by pressing "D + Power button" I got 7 colors displayed on screen. (So Screen is working properly)
8. I tried removing the CMOS Battery, that doesn't worked. Still system not working
9. And I tried discharging the reserved cache power by pressing power button for 1 minute after removing the Battery and AC power charge adaptor. that doesn't worked. Still system not working
10. I removed Ram and tried with single slot with different combinations. That doesn't worked. Still system not working

So can anyone help me to fix this issue.

2 replies

Additional to what you did, try replacing one, or if necessary, both memories, it worked with mine.
Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
i suggest you try the following:
1. remove battery and unplug from wall power outlet
2. hold down power button for 30-45 seconds
3. reconnect battery and charger to wall outlet
4. try to start the system again

Good Luck