Cannot open drive other than sys (C:)drive

Solved/Closed
san26 Posts 1 Registration date Friday February 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2009 - Feb 28, 2009 at 09:03 AM
 Badshah - Nov 14, 2009 at 02:19 AM
Hello,
I have some problem while double clicking the drive on my computer, it does not open but a wizard appesrs with the dialog-

"Windows cannot find 'RECYCKER\S-2-9-42-100007174-100005701-100007086-1315.com'. Make sure you typed the name courrectly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start Button, and then click search".

while right clicking on the drive other than system (C:\\) drive, it show from the top AUTOPLAY, OPEN, SEARCH, EXPLORE Respectively.
clicking on autoplay it does not work, clicking on open an wizard appears " d:\Access Denied".
Please give me some suggestion to solve the problem. Pl. note, I have full formated the sys.(c:\)drive -(partation NTFS).
Thanks.
Related:

4 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Feb 28, 2009 at 12:18 PM
You have a virus that changed the autorun.inf file on your D drive
But don't worry this is not a big trouble it can be fixed easily.

Fix:

Normally when a virus infects a windows system which causes a drive opening problem, it automatically creates a file named autorun.inf in the root directory of each drive.

This autorun.inf file is a read only ,hidden and a system file and the folder option is also disabled by the virus. This is deliberately done by the virus in order to protect itself. autorun.inf initiates all the activities that the virus performs when you try to open any drive.

You have to just delete this file and restart your system to correct this problem.

Follow the set of commands below to show and delete the autorun.inf

1. Open Start>>Run and type cmd and press enter. This will open a command prompt window. On this command prompt window type the following steps.

2. type cd\ and press enter

3. type attrib -r -h -s autorun.inf and press enter (there is no space after - )

4. type del autorun.inf (if it says file not found go the the next step)

now for the D drive

5. type d: and press enter Now repeat steps 3 and 4. Similarly repeat step 5 for all your hard disk partition.

Restart your system and your trouble will be fixed.

You should run a anti-virus scan to detect and remove the program that added the autorun.inf file.

Good luck
I read Artical in the Kisoskea nt for theproble cannot open the drive and its realy work ai solved my problem thank you very much.
Hey dear,

It really works fine for me...thank you very much for this valuable information...

Regards,
Zafar
Fantastic the query was successful, kinda mail me for further communications.

regards,
Dan
Hi There!
Thanks for that simple best advice. It's fixes now my Local drive C when I click to open.

Regards to all of you Guys!
Armand
Manila, Philippines
thankyoo sir
its really great command impreessed
satyasai Posts 17 Registration date Friday September 18, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2010 1
Oct 25, 2009 at 07:29 AM
you can solve this problem ,,,,,,,,,,,,

start--->>run>>cmd--->>>cd.. press enter

now type attrib -r -s -h -a autorun.inf
now type del autorun.inf

follow same procedure with all drives

u can solve ur prob with this procedure......