How to fix Nvlddmkm.sys error: Windows 10, Windows 11
If your Nvidia game play is being interrupted by a frozen screen, a black screen, or a blue screen of death with an Nvlddmkm.sys error message, try not to panic. This article will teach you how to fix this error message by creating a new file instance that can help your system get back on track.
How to fix Nvidia Nvlddmkm.sys error message?
Go to your NVIDIA folder (located in C:\NVIDIA), and look for the file named nvlddmkm.sy.
Next, copy the file at the root of C:. In most cases, this file name is C:\nvlddmkm.sy_.
- Now, head to the system folder that houses your drivers (in many cases, this is C:\Windows\System32\drivers\).
- Locate the nvlddmkm.sys file, and rename it as nvlddmkm.sys.old.
- Now, open the command prompt by pressing the Windows key + R and typing cmd.
- Type cd, followed by the Enter key. Then, type expand.exe nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys, and press Enter again.
- This command will allow you to unzip the nvlddmkm.sys file (which was previously saved at the root of C:) and create a new file instance.
- Copy the new file to C:\WindowsSystem\32drivers, and then restart your PC to let the changes take effect.
Any more Graphics Card questions? Check out our forum!
Around the same subject
- Nvlddmkm.sys windows 11
- Nvlddmkm.sys error windows 11
- Nvlddmkm.sys location
- How to clear recent files: Windows 11,10,8.1 > Guide
- FIFA 23 > Download - Sports
- How to use Net Send: in Windows 11, in CMD > Guide
- HP Smart > Download - Other
- Mortal Kombat 11 > Download - Fighting