Black screen after adding 2gig ram stick

Closed
mugzy87 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday 18 January 2014 Status Member Last seen 19 January 2014 - 18 Jan 2014 à 20:33
 Blocked Profile - 20 Jan 2014 à 12:05
Hey guys so im preparing my system for the beta project spark game and i was trying to add some extra RAM. The current Card i have it Patriot ddr2 pc2-6400. I found another card which is a Patriot ddr2 pc-2 5300. When I added the ram stick into the MB (Asus P5Q) and powered up my desktop it will initially boot, shut down and then boot up again. Only my screen to my monitor will remain black while desktop is powered up. I tried to change the Dram frequency to lower setting for the lesser of the 2 cards. I know that they are compatible. Any ideas on what I should do?

Here is the hardware i'm currently using.

Power supply Corsair VX450W
Intel core 2 duo processor
motherboard P5Q
Patriot ddr2 pc2-6400 (2GIG)
GeForce GTX 9600
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
20 Jan 2014 à 12:05
Hello,

you will need to check the specifications of your motherboard.

at the moment you have DDR2 6400. The 6400 is the speed of the memory.

if your motherboard only supports DDR2 6400 or higher then you will experience this problem when trying to use slower memory DDR2 5300.

try getting identical memory.