February 10, 2014
-
Registration date
Friday February 7, 2014
Status
Last seen
March 19, 2014
-
there seems to be some virus in my pendrive. some files & folders exist in the pendrive (anti-virus scans them), but otherwise they are not visible. what should i do?

2 replies

Registration date
Saturday January 29, 2011
Status
Security contributor
Last seen
December 24, 2016
Hi,

This type issue could be caused by a USB virus. It will spread to all of your USB memory devices and hard disk.

Here is a tool to remove the virus and vaccinate your USB against further viruses.

Download UsbFix (created by El Desaparecido) on your desktop.

http://ccm.net/download/download-24089-usbfix

If your antivirus gives an alert, ignore it and temporarily deactivate the antivirus.
Plug in your usb devices (Flash drive, pen drive. External HD etc...) don't open them.
Double click sur UsbFix.exe.

Click on deletion
Let the tool work.

At the end of the scan a report will show which you can copy and paste here..

The report is save at the root ( C:\UsbFix.txt ).

You can also vaccinate against any virus.

Gabriel.
Registration date
Friday February 7, 2014
Status
Last seen
March 19, 2014
Attatch the USB Drive Device to your Computer USB Port.

The Antivirus Software installed in your PC will detect the viruses in USB Drive after scanning it and will create a report of the affected files.

In the end of the report you will be asked to IGNORE, HEAL OR DELETE the affected files. Now select DELETE the affected files. Your Flash / USB will be virus free now. For further consistency you should have format the USB. For this purpose RIGHT CLICK USB through MY COMPUTER and choose FORMAT from the menues and press OK. After completion of format process, detach your USB. It is now completely virus free and safe.