Monitor problems

Closed
boilermaker Posts 2 Registration date Friday February 21, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 21, 2014 - Feb 21, 2014 at 12:09 PM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 21, 2014 at 05:12 PM
Hello, I have a Acer 19 inch LCD monitor that was working fine and then I noticed that after I turned it on , it would go blank after about 30 seconds. Then it progressivly got worse: blank after about 20 sec. 10 sec ,5 sec and now it goes blank almost instantly. I read on line that it is probably a capacitor so I took it apart and visually checked ALL the caps for any leakage , swelling or buldging . They all look like brand new.! This has really got me stumped.I ruled out capacitors so it might be one of those little resistors. I am now back to using my old but reliable 15 inch Dell CRT monitor and it works perfectly. At least I know that I dont have a computer or Vga cord problem ! Any help would be appreciated because I really dont have the money to buy a new monitor !

Thanks
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Feb 21, 2014 at 12:29 PM
It sounds as though the invertor is bad, it powers the LCD to make them visible. Half split the output of the inverter. I do not have acess to schematics and test points to further aid in componant troubleshooting. There are others that may be able to tell you what a standard voltage output should be.

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" - Oliver Sykes; Bring Me The Horizon
boilermaker Posts 2 Registration date Friday February 21, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 at 02:42 PM
Thanks for trying to help. Do you have any means to send me a picture of the inverter so I can possibly check it out ?
This just may be the cause !
Thanks again.
Blocked Profile
Feb 21, 2014 at 02:43 PM
I googled this:

This is a pretty good method for t-shooting:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rUsDO-WTSk

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" - Oliver Sykes; Bring Me The Horizon
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Feb 21, 2014 at 05:08 PM
Thanks Mark

I always wondered what an invertor looked like. Is it easier to replace then back lights?
Blocked Profile
Feb 21, 2014 at 05:12 PM
@Ambucias - I don't know. I have never had a screen do anything but crack! But now I know what that long card is!!! I LOVE YOU TUBE!