My Lenova Desktop Computer won't turn on, stays in Power Saving Mode.

Closed
Levi_LAS Posts 1 Registration date Saturday March 20, 2021 Status Member Last seen March 20, 2021 - Mar 20, 2021 at 03:19 PM
 Clairesgma - Oct 24, 2022 at 02:29 PM
My PC turns on the light lights up the monitor just says power saving mode and then just turns off and sits there.
Removed the RAM and carefully cleaned it with Eraser.
I also removed the CMOS battery and replaced after a minute or more but I can't get away with the issue here.

PLEASE HELP
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Mar 22, 2021 at 04:59 AM
Hello, if your monitor keeps powering up in power saving mode, here is an extract from our guide on how to exit power saving mode.

The power save mode of the monitor is designed to conserve energy when there are no or limited signals coming through. Laptop users sometimes may need to use an external monitor for display purposes. When connecting the laptop to this monitor, the latter may keep switching to power save mode. The most common reason for this problem is a faulty connection; as a result, the monitor will not receive any signals from the laptop. The solution to this problem lies in correcting the connection issue by checking the connecting cable.

If you are trying to connect your laptop to a monitor, and the monitor was working fine with a PC when you last used it, but now the monitor keeps going back to safe mode, you should check the VGA cable, it might be loose.

Press the Fn key and CRT/LCD key (F5 or F6 depending on your laptop model) to switch the screen.

Regards

What is the fn key? I don't have one.