Write Protected USB flash disk

Closed
Fujo Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday March 5, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 5, 2014 - Mar 5, 2014 at 09:01 PM
 somewhre - Jan 22, 2017 at 01:19 PM
Whow can I remove this write protection?
I can not copy, write or even format.
Related:

1 response

silhouttejames Posts 27 Registration date Friday February 7, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2014 52
Mar 6, 2014 at 07:16 AM
You should remove it as below:
1 Pull the USB flash drive out of your computer's USB port. Check the bottom end and sides of the drive to see if it has a write protection switch. Push the plastic switch into the "Unlock" position.
2 Insert the USB flash drive back into the USB port. Close the pop-up window that appears and navigate to the Start menu. Select "My Computer."
3 Locate the drive letter that corresponds to your USB flash drive in the "My Computer" window, such as "F:\" or "D:\." Double-click the drive letter. Attempt to use one of the files on the drive. Right-click one of the files if you still receive a write protection error and select "Properties."
4 Navigate to the "General" tab and remove the check mark from the box labeled "Read-Only." Click "Apply" and then attempt to use the file.
5 Return to the Start menu and click "Run." Type "Regedit" and press "Enter." Navigate to the registry folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies."
6 Check if there is an entry at the right side of the window labeled "Write Protect". If the entry is not there Right-click inside the window and choose "New D Word." Type "Write Protect" and press "Enter."
7 Double-click the "Write Protect" entry. Check that the value listed in the text box is "0." If it is not, delete the value and replace it with "0."
8 Close the registry editor and attempt to use any of the files on the USB drive. Return to the "My Computer" window if you continue to receive a write protection error message.
9 Right-click the drive letter for the USB flash drive and choose "Format." Click the drop-down menu named "File System" and select "Fat32."
10 Click "Start" to format the USB flash drive and remove the write-protection feature.
Does not work. If the USB drive BIOS is corrupted, this will not work. Need software from manufacturer.
there is no StorageDevicePolicies found, so what can i do for this?