Problem with new hard drive and recovery disks.

Solved/Closed
Stag Nasty Posts 1 Registration date Thursday March 6, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 6, 2014 - Mar 6, 2014 at 07:15 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 6, 2014 at 07:56 PM
Hello. I have a toshiba satellite laptop. One day i was browsing the web, got up, and accedentaly smacked it off the table. Then the screen went black. I tried to restart it and it would freeze at the toshiba start page. I figured out that the laptop still works its just the hard drive that is broken. My warranty is up so i decided to just buy a new hard drive. I got the hard drive today and put it into my laptop. I tried to use the recovery disks but it gets to a point in the recovery where it states this Can't read from source file or disk BOOTT64.WIM Type: WIM File Size: 142 MB At the bottom i have 3 options Try Again, Skip, or Cancel. Im not sure if the new hard or the disk is to blame or if I am doing something wrong and any help or edvice regarding my problem will be highly appreciated. Thank you and take care.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 6, 2014 at 07:56 PM
a problem with the "source" disk would indicate that the recovery disk is bad.