Help headphones with mic sound problem

Closed
jayne - Mar 3, 2009 at 06:34 PM
 Radu - Sep 23, 2010 at 12:25 PM
Hello,

I have windows vista on a HP machine (1 year old) I have Advent speakers that were working fine connected to back panel through black socket. my problem is I purchased a headphones and mic kit when ive plugged it in on front panel the mic works but the headphones do not when I remove the headphones plug I have sound through speakers but when it is connected I have no sound through speakers. I have been onto the realtek Audio Manager which says all devices are working properly all volume controls are up and none are muted. The headphones have been selected as default. The only box with a red mark against it is the line in am I missing a lead with this kit which is causing this problem? Please help.
Related:

4 responses

Hello, i have the same problem, i disconnect my sound blaster x-fi to test , and the problems continues. Wen i install win xp sp3 all function of front pannel work fine, wen i install win 7 in the same machine, i got this problem whit the front pannel jacks. The error is in the windowns vista and seven. Why microsoft manage not necessary things? If all work in win xp , what the problem with other system? be carefull, the creative is losing clients for this. in the front pannel, only work one jack, your chose if you use microfone or headphone
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 3, 2009 at 06:58 PM
You need to test the headphones using another sound source (iPod or radio). It is normal for the speakers to be disconnected when you insert a headphone jack.
while calling no outgoing sound is reaching the other end
well... my back pannel works fine, but my fp makes strange noises. My audio card is: Asus Xonar DS (sorry for my bad english :| )
any ideas?