My hard drive doesn't show up in "my computer"

Closed
sachin singla Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday March 19, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2014 - Mar 19, 2014 at 10:14 AM
imaks12 Posts 35 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2014 - Mar 25, 2014 at 01:43 AM
I purchased a WD my passport hard drive a couple of months ago. it was working fine untill today. whenever i connect my hard drive to the computer it's light come on and i can also feel the spinning of it. but it would not show up in my computer i.e i can't access it. i tried connecting it to my tv but it still won't work. i have tried everything i know, uninstalling the drivers from device manager and restarting the computer, but it didn't work, after that i tried fixing through disk managment but still it didn't work. please help me. i have really important data in it.
Related:

1 response

imaks12 Posts 35 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2014 12
Mar 25, 2014 at 01:43 AM
Hi Sachin,

I'd recommend you to test your hard drive on another computer and see if its working there. Moreover, you can try different power and USB cables to connect hard drive on computer.

Did your hard drive had fallen from some height or did any external forces has been applied to it. If the hard drive has been mechanically damaged, you won't be able to restore data and using recovery services is the last resort. It may throws some heavy pressure on your pocket as the data recovery services charges were pretty costly regardless the country you're located in.

If the failure were logical, you might have chances of recovery by using some recovery software provided from third party.

Do let us know for further assistance.