Internet Explorer Pop Up when opening files

Closed
adolezal Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday March 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 4, 2009 - Mar 4, 2009 at 02:48 PM
prodigyz Posts 17 Registration date Tuesday September 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2009 - Mar 5, 2009 at 06:17 AM
Hello,

I've somehow managed to download a virus/trojan that is doing the following:

whenever I open a file, or a link to that file from my desktop, Internet Explorer pops up. I am using my computer offline mostly so the pop ups are blank but this is happening consistently. As a consequence I cannot enter into the file i am attempting to open. After 3 or 4 trys, i do eventually open the file, but this is obviously unacceptable. Also, when I try opeing control panel, or My Computer, IExplorer also pops up for the first 4 trys, then for some reason I am able to get through after that. It seems as though the pop ups happen randomly.

I've tried running SpyBot Search and Destroy without any success.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I am desperately seeking a solution to this.

Regards,

adolezal
Related:

1 response

prodigyz Posts 17 Registration date Tuesday September 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2009 10
Mar 5, 2009 at 06:17 AM
Normally it should be fixed by running the Spybot Search and Destroy but you can also try this link that should help you out https://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?19578-AdwareRemover2007-won-t-go-away!

I had the same problem and this really helped me out. Let me know if it has helped you in any way