Internet Explorer is Microsoft's default web browser and is used by individuals all over the world to surf the Internet. Like most web browsers, allows you to save usernames and passwords for various websites. Continue reading to learn how to activate this option in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
- To activate your ability to save usernames and passwords in Internet Explorer, start by opening Internet Explorer and selecting the Tools button.
- Next, click Internet options.
- On the Content tab, scroll to AutoComplete, then select Settings.
- Next, check the box next to User names and passwords on forms before selecting OK.
- Your usernames and passwords should now be automatically saved by the browser. To turn off the feature, repeat the above steps and uncheck the box next to User names and passwords on forms.
N.B. You should only use this option if you are the computer’s sole user. With the feature activated, any person on the computer can access your protected information without having to enter a username or password.