Internet Explorer is Microsoft's default web browser and is used by individuals all over the world to surf the Internet. Like most web browsers, allows you to save usernames and passwords for various websites. Continue reading to learn how to activate this option in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
To activate your ability to save usernames and passwords in Internet Explorer, start by opening Internet Explorer and selecting the Tools button. Next, click Internet options.
On the Content tab, scroll to AutoComplete, then select Settings.
Next, check the box next to User names and passwords on forms, before selecting OK.
Your usernames and passwords should now be automatically saved by the browser. To turn off the feature, simply repeat the above steps and uncheck the box next to User names and passwords on forms.
N.B. It is recommended that you only use this option if you are the computer’s sole user. With the feature activated, any person on the computer can access your protected information without having to enter a username or password.
- How to save password in internet explorer
- Internet explorer saved passwords
- How to save passwords in internet explorer
- How to show hidden passwords on Samsung devices > Guide
- Save web pages on your PC: Chrome, Mozilla, Safari, Edge > Guide
- Internet Explorer - Retrieve saved username and password
- Disable auto-save password: Internet Explorer > Guide
- Won't save passwords / usernames [solved] > Forum - Word
- Internet Explorer history: file location, shortcut, tab
- Open Internet Options in tools: menu, Windows 10
- Can't access secure websites on Internet Explorer
- Allow ActiveX control: download, Internet Explorer
- How to run software if signature invalid
- How to Install Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 8
- Enable toolbars/extensions in private mode Internet Explorer
- Internet Explorer not showing images correctly
- How to open Internet Explorer private browsing
- Change temporary files folder location: Internet Explorer
- How to disable tabbed browsing in Internet Explorer?
- How to set Internet Explorer to open pop-up in new tabs
- Internet Explorer can't display the webpage: quick fix
- Reopen the last browsing session: Internet Explorer
- Turn off notifications when pop-up is blocked