Shortcut files (affected by a virus programme) - can you solve?

Closed
priyaUvan Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday April 15, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2014 - Apr 15, 2014 at 11:54 AM
TechWanderer Posts 12 Registration date Friday February 8, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2014 - Apr 15, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Dear Sir/Madam,

How to open original files now shown as short files (affected by a virus programme) ? Can you help me?
Related:

1 response

TechWanderer Posts 12 Registration date Friday February 8, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2014
Apr 15, 2014 at 12:43 PM
I too had a similar problem. I think i know the solution.

The virus affected files sometimes when opened directly can cause your computer prone to that virus. I recommend that you buy or maybe download a ANTI-VIRUS. Some good ones like KASPERSKY or something like that. Then scan your pendrive and delete all the infected files. Now the shortcuts will be gone.

Now go to your CONTROL PANEL--->FOLDER(in XP)-->view--> tick show hidden file and untick hide protected OS file. Then voila all your deleted files will appear again and you can open it without any fear of virus.

If that is too long of a procedure for you. Easy way is to use any LINUX based OS. if you have that type of OS or someone who runs that OS. Insert your pen drive. The OS is completely shielded from Virus so literally all virus files can be viewed or maybe even deleted like deleting normal files. Take the data you want and make sure you wipe the pen drive clean before using it again