Windows Update gone wrong

Closed
windows20 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday May 4, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 6, 2014 - May 4, 2014 at 05:35 PM
windows20 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday May 4, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 6, 2014 - May 6, 2014 at 08:09 AM
Last night I shutdown my laptop to charge it. But before it shutdown, windows said it needed to update 65 things. A little background to this situation, I have not used this laptop in months because the charger died so I bought a new one on Thursday, received it on Friday of this week. So I didn't download anything to the laptop. Now I turned on the laptop and it's saying to restart the computer and go through safe mode to remove whatever recently downloaded programs I have on the laptop. So I turned it off and tried to go through safe mode and the same blue screen with the same message comes up. First I'm not sure what to remove, second if I can't go through safe mode then how do I access windows to see what was recently updated or what needs to be removed. Does anyone know what could be the problem and how do I fix it?
Related:

1 response

Have u tried using system restore (type it in microsoft help and support) or use the control panel and choose uninstall programs. There is a tab to remove and rollback windows updates. You may have to try the latter in safe mode if PC not starting.
windows20 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday May 4, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 6, 2014
May 6, 2014 at 08:09 AM
That's the thing, the bluescreen comes up even when I try to get in through safemode. Which means I can't get windows to load.