May 17, 2014
-
Registration date
Sunday June 30, 2013
Status
Last seen
February 20, 2015
-
When we power on the dell m1530 laptop we get no power to the monitor just a blsnk screen. I tested on another monitor and got the same thing. F8 didnt work or did draining all power then restarting. Please help.

2 replies

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
May 16, 2020
Hi

How did you drain the "flea" power?
Registration date
Sunday June 30, 2013
Status
Last seen
February 20, 2015

Are you getting any beeps or keys like CAPS Lock or WiFi flashing? I'm not sure about Dell but my HP laptop's video chip failed which resulted in a black screen with both the CAPS Lock & WiFi lighted keys to flash slowly and continuously.

If you cannot get a display with an external monitor either, it sounds to me like the video chip has failed.

I don't know how "hands-on" you are but a failed video chip usually requires a new motherboard because the chip is attached to the main board and typically cannot be removed/replaced.

But, first things first, are you getting any information from your laptop at all or is it just complete silence and a black screen?

Try booting it up again. Let it run for a few minutes.
*Do you hear the cooling fan running?
*Is the hard drive spinning?
*Pay close attention to any beeps made. Try to catch the sequence: 2 short and 1 Long, for example.
*Look for any keys that have small LEDs in them to see if they're flashing in a pattern.

I'll check back in a little while. One of my neighbors is having a computer issue, too, so I'm going down there for a bit.