Laptop and WIndows license

Closed
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 - May 19, 2014 at 02:04 PM
 Blocked Profile - May 19, 2014 at 07:18 PM
Dear All,
I have wonder related Laptop and Windows locense.
If i buy a laptop no Hard Drive and after that, I want to install windows for that laptop.
At first i need to buy a hard drive from market but i still wonder that, Can we buy a windows license from Microsoft to run on that laptop?

Anyways, i always see a laptop from HP or Dell etc.. come with Restore drive, Can we do that restore drive on our computer as HP or Dell did?

Best regards,
Related:

4 responses

Blocked Profile
May 19, 2014 at 03:22 PM
The answer to your first question is Yes, that is exaclty how you do it.

As for a recovery drive, you do not need a recovery drive ion each machine as you will have a server, that wil house each machines GHOSTS. If you are not already utilizing a GHOST product of some sort to roll out productions machines, you are missing a giant peice of the puzzle.

Build your 1 machine for it environment, ghost it. BUild another machine with the ghost on it, and roll out every machine with the same ghost. When one breaks, you pull the hard drive, format a new one, partition it and ghost it. Bam like 1 hour downtime!

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" - Oliver Sykes; Bring Me The Horizon
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 8
May 19, 2014 at 03:28 PM
That great helping!

Which program do you think is best for making ghost?

You are the great one!
Best regards,
Blocked Profile
May 19, 2014 at 05:00 PM
We always have used symantec in the past. Never any issues.
Blocked Profile
May 19, 2014 at 07:18 PM
YOu do undersand, those machine shouldn't have ANY local storage. They should be built with a I: drive. Map those I: drives to a central server. NOw you have everyones files in a central place for back up, virus, confidentiality comprimises, all of the fun stuff!

Now, KEEp your lan up 100% of the time, becuase you will get calls about your I drive failing!

A double edge sword!