Laptop doesnt startup HELP PLEASEE

Closed
lazyg Posts 1 Registration date Saturday May 24, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 25, 2014 - May 25, 2014 at 12:41 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 3, 2014 at 01:19 PM
My laptop is a toshiba satellite L745 windows 7 vista model. Its almost 2 yrs old I think.

I was playing a game yesterday and it suddenly had an error of sorts. Screen went black with a cursor, but still had the start bar at the bottom. A few times it had hung up noises, and i was afraid it would have another so I forced shut down and when I turned it on again I'm redirected to the windows error recovery with launch startup repair option and start normally option only. The fans still work too.

Start repair doesn't work I assume ( because it took a day and its still repairing) and starting normally just directs me to the "starting windows" screen with the windows icon (the one with green red yellow blue colors) and it just freezes up there.

sometimes that starting windows dead end progresses to just a black screen with a cursor. I tried taking out the battery and holding the power for 30 sec. Trick a few times and it didn't work. Please help me I really really need this laptop. I've been stressed out and angry please. :(
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 3, 2014 at 01:19 PM
Looks like the hard drive has failed. A local repair shop can probably diagnose the problem.