Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

Closed
CathalKennedy Posts 1 Registration date Sunday June 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2014 - Jun 8, 2014 at 08:33 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 13, 2014 at 04:13 PM
When using my Toshiba laptop the screen went black for a few seconds, came back, the went black again permanently. I turned it off but when I turn it back on the Toshiba loud up screen comes on but the screen again goes black afterwards.

The solution of, 'turn it off, plug it out, take the battery out and hold the power button for a minutes', DOES NOT WORK!

I can start the laptop up in safe mode but I don't know how to troubleshoot the problem.

I have no problem in restoring the laptop but I can't afford to lose Microsoft Office.

The laptop operates on Windows 8.1 and I was using Chrome, Excel and Drivermax when it crashed. I thought Drivermax was the problem so I deleted the latest driver download from it and uninstalled Drivermax altogether but it didn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 13, 2014 at 04:13 PM
You can try a Repair using the Windows Repair disk or the Original Windows install disk. You might also be able to start a repair from safe mode in Win 8.

Good Luck