No mouse or keyboard lights, computer wont bo

Closed
MrWizard Posts 3 Registration date Friday March 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 24, 2009 - Mar 8, 2009 at 11:36 AM
 john - Jun 16, 2009 at 08:30 PM
Hello,

A455-2866
Asus M3N78 PRO Motherboard - Socket AM2+, Geforce 8300, ATX, HDMI, SATA, Gbit LAN, Hybrid SLI

MPN: M3N78 PRO

C13-6082
Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB)

C13-6082
Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB)

CP1-AM2-9500
AMD Phenom 9500 Processor HD9500WCGDBOX - 2.20GHz, 4 x 512KB Cache, 1800MHz (3600 MT/s) FSB, Agena, Quad-Core, Retail, Socket AM2+, Processor with Fan

L12-1051
Lite-On PLDS DVD-ROM/CD-RW Retail Combo Drive - 52x32x CD-R/RW, 16x DVD-ROM, Black

TSD-500AS6 BM
Seagate 500GB Serial ATA HD 7200/16MB/SATA-3G

ULT-LSP750
Ultra LSP750 750-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, SLI-Ready, 135mm Fan

Windows Vista Home Basic 64 Bit edition
So,

The build went fine and the computer was up and running. But when she went to use it one day, the monitor was saying that there was no signal from the computer. I am using the onboard video, so I know if cant be a vid card issue. I have all the motherboard drivers updated. When I restart the computer, I don't get any beeps, and her mouse (laser mouse) and keyboard dont light up. There is hard drive activity, and the power light is lit. I tried taking the memory out and starting the computer, and got a series of beeps, so Im pretty sure the motherboard isn'T the problem. I reseated the memory, and the computer booted up to windows and worked fine for about an hour, then when I came into the room, there were multicolored lines going through the top of the screen, and I was getting no response from the keyboard or the mouse to restart it. So, I restarted it manually and it would boot into windows, and then the same thing would happen with the multi colored lines. Sometimes, the same problem happens where the computer wont beep or bootup, and the monitor says"No Signal". It isn't the monitor, because I just purchased a new flatscreen too. I was using an old CRT before the flatscreen, and getting the same errors, and the same multi-colored lines. Do you have an opinion on what the problem might be? This really has me stumped. Lemmie know if you can help or if you need more information. Thanks !

Jon
Related:

6 responses

3839 Posts 10 Registration date Friday March 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 21, 2009 3
Mar 8, 2009 at 12:26 PM
for me, the problem will be the onboard graphic card(In my opinion)...
why don't u buy a graphic card for ur pc and change the onboard gfx...
DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010
Mar 12, 2009 at 12:31 PM
Wow, what a detailed step-by-step diagnosis! I really appreciate, so you people are learning all about how to do the proper troubleshooting...

Hahaha, the problem lies with the memory card my dear and I am pretty sure about this. Try changing the RAM or claim for warranty. I would have told you to use the eraser trick but I believe that this memory card is faulty and even if it works after using the eraser to remove the presence of static energy, you will not be able to use it for long...
MrWizard Posts 3 Registration date Friday March 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 24, 2009 1
Mar 8, 2009 at 12:35 PM
Well,

I was using a graphics card to begin with, and the same thing was happening, so I thought it was the card. But the same thing happens with onboard video, so I dont think it is that
MrWizard Posts 3 Registration date Friday March 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 24, 2009 1
Mar 24, 2009 at 10:23 AM
Well, everything worked for a little while, I thought I was in the clear. I re-seated each chip by itself until I found the two that it wouldn't boot with. I sent those 2 modules back, and everything was running fine for a few days. Then the same problem occurred. There was a chirp through the speakers, and the video from with multicolored lines going through the top of the screen. Last thing I can think of is the mobo. Im supposed to RMA it today. You have any other suggestions?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
HI WIZARD

TRY TO INPUT TO THE BIOS AND CHECK VEDIO CARD FROM THERE
OR CHANGE THE PLACE OF THE MEMORY IN ANOTHER SLOT

PRINCE
I believe your problem may lie with your power supply. If the power supply is not supplying the correct voltage then the RAM may run for a while but then get too hot one day and stop working again. I have had problems like this before. Once it was just the RAM plain and simple. The second time it was just the power supply Wasn't supplying the correct electricity to anything. Sometimes the computer would start and others it wouldn't but every time it wouldn't the HDD led would just hang on