Cannot restore system

Closed
Charlie - Mar 8, 2009 at 01:15 PM
 Charlie - Mar 8, 2009 at 04:20 PM
Hello,

well i've already posted the main problem regarding my drives getting locked, now it seems that i cannot restore my machine to any previous time. what should i do...? every time i tried to open the drives they show that some recycler file is missing...

charlie

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 8, 2009 at 01:54 PM
Download and run the program from this link - it might remove the virus:

https://www.precisesecurity.com/antivirus/

this is a manual way to do the same thing:

1.Open your Windows Task Manager click Processes Tab
2.Locate CTFMON.EXE select it and click End Task
3.Open your startup menu then locate the line for CTFMON.EXE and delete it
4.Search for (CTFMON.EXE) on your hard disk using your search tool which is usually resides in the Startup menu not in your %sysdir%\system32 folder then delete it.
5.click start->run and type cmd then go to your root directory by issuing the command cd\
6. type attrib -r -s -h +a *.inf then erase the autorun.inf ( del autorun.inf )
7. type attrin -r -s -h +a recycled then erase the content (cd recycled -> delete *.* ->Y -> cd..) and remove the recycled folder (rmdir recycled).
8. then repeat no. 5 to 7 to all your existing drives including your usb flash drives.
9. Update your anti virus Programs.

Good Luck
hi xpcman,

thanks for your advice, but there are certain other problems - like after i stopped CTMON.exe i could not find it on my startup menu. next every time i try to search something, my machine reboots - then at the disk checking part after reboot, the screen does blank and machine starts working again...i am quite anxious regarding the condition.

charlie