Can't seem to connect

Closed
DallasL Posts 1 Registration date Sunday 31 August 2014 Status Member Last seen 31 August 2014 - 31 Aug 2014 à 10:19
 DallasL - 1 Sep 2014 à 13:27
So this is the most odd issue I have ever had. I have a dell laptop that has recently become very hit and miss when connecting to our wireless internet. I have connection to the network, it says "Connected" and I have "Internet Access" but I cannot connect to any web pages. This happens very infrequently. One day it works with no issues and then all of sudden it just won't connect, despite it saying I am connected and have access. Any ideas?

thank you for your time and help with this :)

1 response

Blocked Profile
31 Aug 2014 à 14:53
Do other devices have this problem?

does the problem go away when you plug into your router?

are you contacted your ISP to ask if there is a problem?


No other devices are having this issue.

The problem does go away when I plug in the lap top or when I am sitting right next to the router. I am starting to think it may be the actual wireless component of the lap top that is going in and out. It was just so baffling as to how it could work one day and then not work the next day! Anyway to boost signal strength either from the router or reception strength from the lap top?